Compare Different Equine Therapies
With the proliferation of many non-invasive, drug free therapy emerging in the Equine market, invariably the question of "What's the difference?" arises from both consumers and licensed medical professionals.
The following comparisons are not meant to be exhaustive or arrive at any medical or scientific conclusion, but to simply illuminate the primary differences among each device, their respective applications and modalities.
Is an EquiPulse PEMF treatment the same as Magnetic Blankets and Boots?
These PEMF Therapies are similar. However, the difference is in the delivery process and the our technology's ability to actual target and focus the right level of PEMF energy to a horse's specific area requiring treatment. Traditional PEMF blankets deliver a low, consistent level of magnetic energy, which may not be adequate for deep injuries or in the large and denser parts of the equine anatomy. A PEMF field is measured in Gauss, the strength of the field and how far it emanates from it's source. The body's cells need at least 20-30 Gauss in order to initiate cellular repair. Some studies have show that higher Gauss levels, closer to 100, will create an optimal healing environment. As a more powerful PEMF can delivery more Gauss at a greater distance from the delivery loop, it can penetrate through denser tissue. Thus is is crucial for PEMF technologies to have the capacity to deliver the proper Gauss level in order to reach a injured or traumatized part of the the Equine's anatomy. The fundamental differences are :
- EquiPulse has the ability to identify where a horse is sore, traumatized or injured because areas of soreness will contract/twitch in a specific manner. An experienced Practitioner will recognized this .
- EquiPulse is an adjustable device that is multi-powered with multi frequencies. A Practitioner has the ability to adjust the Gauss to provide a gentle but optimal level of penetration to a specified body part to generate results at an accelerated rate.
- EquiPulse includes proprietary delivery loops and accessories that will deliver the optimal level of power to indicated parts of the equine anatomy. The efficacy of this type of precision increases when areas like abscess in hoofs and acupressure points, necks, the pole, hamstrings, interior of stifle, are targeted for a wide variety of unique equine medical issues from calming points to colic, to navicular.
EquiPulse vs. CytoWave?
- The EquiPulse PEMF will penetrate up to 16 inches. The CytoWave’s penetration is nominal 2 inches or less.
- The percussive contractions EquiPulse creates, instantly accelerates the benefits of vaso-dilation in a manner not possible with CytoWave. The percussive muscular contractions not only creates the mechanical pumping action to increase localized blood flow but also breaks up adhesion and scarring deep in bundles of muscle fibers in the affected/treated tissue(s). This is the same reason people experience spectacular results after one treatment.
- Cell permeability, production of Nitric Oxide, increases in cell metabolism and reduction of inflammation are massive in specific areas treated with the EquiPulse, because of the deep penetration.
- Delivery Loops: The EquiPulse's magnetic delivery loops are highly adaptable, flexible and way less prone to breakage. The Hoof Pro is the only Multi-Powered PEMF System capable of sending a PEMF signal directly into and through the Frog. No other electro-therapy device has been successfully designed to treat from under the hoof and to penetrate that deeply, including CytoWave.
- Online sources report 30 minute CytoWave treatments. But CytoWave does not offer any specific treatment protocols other than “Carefully attach the CW leg wrap on this way or that way”…same with its other treatment applicators.
- CytoWave: “This proprietary electromagnetic treatment method is not PEMF and should not be confused with this older technology” see: http://www.cytowave.com/how-cytowave-works.html - Magnus Magnetica PEMF is not a "older technology". Our multi-powered / multi-frequency PEMF is ancrucial and emerging technology in the field of regenerative medicine during the last 10 years . It continues to be adopted because of its unparalleledability to quickly address muscleo-skeletal issues on humans, equine and small animals.
EquiPulse vs. Laser Treatments?
While both the Laser and EquiPulse therapy deliver increased energy to areas of need, the following are the main points of differentiation:
- The EquiPulse delivery loops have the ability to generate a much wider focal area. Our Multi-Powered PEMF technology can send more magnetic energy deeper into the body while a Laser has a very small focal area of less than in inch.
- Because only the injured or traumatized areas will contract/twitch with the use of an EquiPulse, the Practitioner can detect and identify where a horse may be injured or very sore. A Laser lacks the capacity ability to detect soreness.
- The EquiPulse PEMF can travel up to 16 inches into the Equine body. Lasers have a limited penetration of less than 2 inches, unless the laser's power is increased, along with that is a greater potential to damage the cells at the surface.
- Whole body treatments can takes 30 to 45 minutes with the EquiPulse System. Because Lasers have a small focal point, it is logistically impossible to treat a large areas of the horse anatomy, essentially making a full body treatment unlikely.
EquiPulse vs. Shockwave?
The following are the primary differentiation considerations:
- EquiPulse offers the ability to detect where a horse is sore or injured because only the sore areas will twitch or pulse. Shockwave has no ability to detect soreness, just treatment of a specific point.
- EquiPulse can be used on the whole body. Shockwave can only be done on a specific point such as back or legs.
- EquiPulse is non-invasive, and sedation is not required, while horses quickly relax and enjoy the treatment. Shockwave is invasive and can be painful as it creates energy by high-impact acoustic waves and concussion.
- Because of the potential for damage and required sedation, a Shockwave treatment must be administered by a licensed Veterinarian.
- An EquiPulse PEMF can reach up to 16 inches into the body. Shockwave has a maximum penetration of about 4 inches.